Position Title: Warehouse Operations: General Labourer
Position Status: Full-Time, 5 days a week, 9AM – 5:30PM
Location: Milner Feed & Pet Supply Ltd, 21565 Crush Crescent, Langley
Start Date: March 2023
Salary / Wage: $23-$27
Extended Health Benefits Package: YES (details included below)
Our family-owned company is seeking a general labourer for our warehouse who will maintain a working operation of the warehouse facility and grounds along with meeting the needs of customers in coordination with other staff.
The incumbent schedules and oversees the operation and staff coordination of daily tasks, including but not limited to:
- Interacting directly wih customers
- Ensuring a well-coordinated reception of all materials, items, and products, and making sure they are sorted, labelled, and stored per company standerds and policies.
- Maintaining and tracking inventory levels
- Maintaining a clean work environment
- Monitoring the serviceablility of equipment
- Driving a forklift and 5-ton truck
- Loading and unloading of trucks
The duties described are intended to be representative of the position and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A minimum of 1 year experience in warehouse operations or a retail warehouse
- The ability to deal effectively and courteously with staff and members of the public
- The ability to communicate in English effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing
- Physically fit and capable of repeatedly lifting 90+ lbs.
- Current and valid BC driver’s license
- Possess or have possessed an industrial lift truck (Forklift) operator certificate within the last 24
months or equivalent experience.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
Being a family-owned business we do our best to provide a welcoming work environment. We keep a fully stocked free commissary of snacks for our staff to enjoy and regularly have company lunches. Our sales office is pet friendly and home to our 4-legged staff members. With 12 years in business, we have been able to see our staff foster inside and outside our company with several 10+ year employees
We provide a competitive benefits package starting day one including, dental, hearing, vision checks, prescription drugs, paramedical specialty (i.e.: Physiotherapists, Chiropractors and Massage Therapy etc.) and employee assistance counselling program as well as special discounts for products. Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment are also included.
Milner Feed & Pet Supply embraces collaboration and innovation in providing customers with exceptional service and knowledge that contributes to both happy and healthy pets and livestock. We provide a wide range of sustainable high-quality products that give exceptional value to the customer while maintaining our family roots.
If you wish to apply you may do so by emailing or delivering your resume to the address below:
Milner Feed & Pet Supply Ltd.
21565 Crush Crescent
Langley B.C.V2Y 2R3
The deadline to apply March 31, 2023.
Successful applicants will be contacted within 2 business days of receiving your resume to schedule an interview.
Milner Feed & Pet Supply Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.